Monday, October 4, 2010

Spermsmells Like Fish

Kheti , Kheti immantinente (Don Pasquale)

"Cheti, cheti immantinente" (baritone/bass duet from Donizetti's Don Pasquale ).

Since this is a comic scene, I have taken liberty burdens in translating the tenses.


PASQUALE
PASQUALE PASQUALE
Cheti, stealthily at once Quietly, quietly, right away
descend into the garden; we'll go down into the garden;
I take with me my people, I'll take my servants with me,
surround the grove we'll surround the grove
and unhappy couples, and the wretched couple,
a sign from me imprisoned, captured at my signal,
without losing a moment without losing a moment,
conduciam by the mayor. we'll bring them before the magistrate.
MALATESTA MALATESTA
I would say. . . hear a little. I would say. . . listen for a bit.
only two of us we go on the spot, two Let us go alone to the place,
grove in there on purpose, we'll station Ourselves in the grove
and time will show. Ourselves and show at the right time.
Among prayers and threats between And Between prayers and threats
of informing the authorities, to notify the authorities,
us that we form from two to promise we'll Make Them Both promised
that it remains there. That the matter will end there.
PASQUALE PASQUALE
sifatto dissolution You Like That A resolution is
little penalty to treason. too little punishment for betrayal.
MALATESTA MALATESTA
think, and my sister. Reflect, she's my sister.
PASQUALE
go out of my house, Let her get out of my house,
other covenants not want 'to. I do not want to make other agreements.
MALATESTA MALATESTA
delicatto is a bargain; It's a delicate matter;
wants to be well thought out. it needs to be well pondered.
PASQUALE PASQUALE
Ponder, examined Ponder, examine,
in my house but not the vo ', no, no. But I do not want her in my house, no, no.
MALATESTA MALATESTA
A scandal do 'll make a scandal and shame
then you'll have. and then you'll Have The shame of it.
PASQUALE PASQUALE
do not care! I do not care!
MALATESTA MALATESTA
not a good idea is not well: It's not fitting, it will not do;
try another way. I'll look for Another Way.
PASQUALE PASQUALE
is not right, not expedient. . . It will not do, it's not fitting. . .
but the slap was left here. But the slap landed here.
I would say. . . I would say. . .
MALATESTA MALATESTA
I found it! I've found it!
PASQUALE PASQUALE
Benedict! say soon. Blessings upon you! Tell me quickly.
MALATESTA MALATESTA
grove sneaking in there on purpose, We will station Ourselves Softly, softly in the grove;
beyond all we can hear. from there we'll be Able to hear everything.
hath been constant betrayal, the betrayal If Is Certain,
the hunted on two feet '. drive her out at once.
PASQUALE PASQUALE
Bravo, bravo, it should be just fine, Bravo, bravo, that's excellent,
am happy, I'm happy. I'm content.
PASQUALE PASQUALE
(Wait, wait, dear bride: (Just wait, dear little wife:
my revenge already s 'approaches: my vengeance Already Draws Near;
already, you already pressed, already reached thee, Already it presses you, Already it has caught up with you,
all at one point you have to be served. in a single moment you will Have to pay for everything.
'll see if benefit of deception and cabals, 'll see if plots and tricks help you,
tender smiles, sighs and tears; tender smiles, sighs and tears;
or want take my revenge, now I want to take my revenge,
six in the trap, hath to remain.) you're in the trap, you'll Have to stay there.)
MALATESTA MALATESTA
(The poor dream revenge (The poor man dreams of vengeance,
not know what awaits the poor: the wretch But Does not Know What Awaits him:
quivers in vain, in vain s'arrabia, in vain he Rages in vain he gets angry,
is locked in a cage, can not escape. he's locked in the cage, he can not escape.
accumulates in vain projects and calculations, In vain he piles up plans and Calculations,
not know who manufactures the castles in the air; That He Does not know he's building castles in the air;
not see, simply, that the trap He Does not see, the fool, That he's about
without saying that you go to throw.) His own self to throw into the trap.)
MALATESTA MALATESTA
The hunted on two feet ', tolgo e la via con me. drive her out at once, and I'll take her away with me.
Quatti, quatti (ecc.) Softly, Softly (etc.)
PASQUALE PASQUALE
Va benone (ecc.) That's excellent (etc.)



This entry was originally posted at http://opera-cat.dreamwidth.org/11925.html . There are comments on comment count unavailable Dreamwidth. LiveJournal users may comment there using OpenID.

0 comments:

Post a Comment