Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Testing Negative One Day Before Period

"Cruda, funesta smania" / "La pietade in suo favore" (Lucia di Lammermoor)

"cruel, fatal craving" and "The pity in his favor," Henry's air and cabaletta from Lucia di Lammermoor . Henry (Henry) reacts to the news That His sister has secretly fallen in love with the son of an enemy family.


cruel, fatal craving Harsh, deadly agitation
Thou hast awakened in my breast! You Have Aroused in my breast.
is too, too horrible, It is too, too horrible,
This fatal suspicion! this fatal Suspicion!
It makes me shiver and freeze, It makes me shudder and tremble,
raises the hair on the forehead. it makes my hair stand on end.
Full of so much opprobrium She fills me with so much shame,
Who nascea sister to me! Who Was she born my sister!
Ah! Ere of love is wicked Ah! Before revealing yourself to me
I tell you guilty, guilty as of a love so treacherous,
If you hit a thunderbolt if a thunderbolt struck you,
Fora rio less pain! Would it be less bitter grief!
. . . . . . . .
The pity in his favor Mercy on her Behalf
Myths meaning in vain I said to Suggests mild feelings to me in vain;
If I speak of revenge only if you speak to me of vengeance
Only I can understand you. Will I Be Able to Understand you.
Wretch! My fury Wretches! My fury
Already on you tremendous roar. Already Roars terribly above you.
The unholy flame that consumes The sinful flame Which Consumes you
I quench with blood! I will quench with blood!



This entry was originally posted at http://opera-cat.dreamwidth.org/11196.html . There are comments on comment count unavailable Dreamwidth. LiveJournal users may comment there using OpenID.

0 comments:

Post a Comment