Monday, November 1, 2010

Why Is Blackjack So Hard

is your all my heart! (The Land of Smiles)

"Yours is my heart!" tenor aria from Franz Lehar's operetta The Land of Smiles (The Land of Smiles). This aria was written for Richard Tauber.



is your all my heart! My whole heart is yours!
Unless you are, I can not be. Where you are not, I can not be.
Just as the flower fades, Just as the flower withers
if they do not kiss the sunshine! when the sunshine does not kiss it!
is your my best song, My most beautiful song is yours,
because it blossomed out of love. since it blossoms from love alone.
Tell me again, my one and only, Tell me once more, my only love,
oh tell me once more: oh, tell me once more:
I love you love! I love you!
Wherever I go, Wherever I go,
I feel your presence. I feel your nearness.
I want to drink your breath I would like to drink in your breath
and kneel adoringly at your feet, and fall in prayer at your feet,
you, you alone ! How wonderful yours, yours alone! How wonderful
is your shining hair! is your shining hair!
Dreamy and full of longing Fair as a dream and full of anxious longing
is your radiant look. is your bright gaze.
I hear the voice sound When I hear the sound of your voice,
it is like music. it is just like music.
is your all my heart! (Etc.) My whole heart is yours! (Etc.)


This entry was originally posted at http://opera-cat.dreamwidth.org/14434.html . There are comment count unavailable comments on Dreamwidth. LiveJournal users may comment there using OpenID.

0 comments:

Post a Comment