Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How To Make Sweet Popcorn

Chi Mi Frena in tal momento (Lucia di Lammermoor)

"Chi mi frena in tal momento," the famous sextet from Lucia di Lammermoor . Lucy Ashton (Lucia) has fallen in love with Edgar of Ravenswood (Edgardo), whose family has been at enmity with hers. When her brother Henry (Enrico) discovers this, he does everything possible to separate the couple, including showing Lucy a forged letter that indicates Edgar has married another woman. Henry finally browbeats Lucy into a marriage with the politically well-connected Lord Arthur (Arturo). A few moments after Lucy and Arthur sign the marriage contract, Edgar bursts into the hall. Lucy faints. All present express their varied emotions.



Moved
EDGAR EDGARDO
(Who restrains me at such a moment? ... (Who restrains me Such a moment?
Who severed the IRE course? Who cut short the course of my anger?
Her grief, her fear Her grief, her terror
Son evidence of remorse! are proof ... of remorse!
But, what a wilted rose, But, like a wilting rose
She is among death and life! ... she stands Between life and death.
I am won ... I am touched ... I am overcome. . . I am moved. . .
I love you, ungrateful, I love you more! ) I love you, ungrateful woman, I love you still!)
ENRICO HENRY
(Who holds my fury, (Who Holds back my fury
And the man that the sword? and the hand Which leapt to my sword?
In favor of the poor In the unhappy girl's Behalf
a cry arose in my breast! rose to cry in my heart!
is my blood! I have betrayed! She is my blood! I Have Betrayed her!
She stands between life and death! ... She stands Between life and death.
Ah! I can not turn off that Alas, That I can not quench
remorse in my heart!) the remorse in my heart!)
LUCIA LUCY (Reviving)
(I hoped that my life (That I hoped my terror
Trim had my fear ... Would Have Ended My Life. ..
But death does not help me ... But death does not help me;
still alive for my torment! - I still live, for my torment!
Da 'light fell on my veil ... The veil has fallen from my eyes:
I betrayed the earth and the sky! ... Have Heaven and earth Betrayed me!
I would weep, but I can not ... I would weep, But I can not. . .
Ah, I miss the tears again! ) Even tears fail me!)
ARTURO, Raimondo, Alisa, CHORUS ARTHUR, Raimondo, Alisa, CHORUS
(What a terrible moment! .. . (What a terrible moment!
longer be the words I do not know! ... I Can No Longer utter a word.
thick cloud of fear A thick cloud of terror
Par covering the rays of the sun! - Seems to cover the sun's rays!
Like a wilted rose Like a rose wilting
She stands between life and death! ... she stands Between life and death!
Who for you are not moved Whoever is not for her
has a tiger on his chest the heart.) has a tiger's heart in His breast.)


Was This entry originally posted at http://opera-cat.dreamwidth.org/14653.html . There are comments on comment count unavailable Dreamwidth. LiveJournal users may comment there using OpenID.

0 comments:

Post a Comment